RS Sales & Distribution Ltd recognises that its business activities interact with the environment in a variety of ways. These activities have a significant impact in the key areas of:
• Stock holding
• Packaging materials
• Energy use
• Generation of waste materials
RS Sales & Distribution Ltd. recognises that it has a responsibility to help protect the environment wherever it has an opportunity to do so, to be a responsible neighbour, and to provide a comfortable environment for its employees to work in.
As such, the Directors of RS Sales & Distribution Ltd. are committed to the following:
• Continual improvement in the environmental impact of its business activities;
• Improving the environmental benefits provided by its products and services;
• Preventing pollution;
• Complying with all relevant legal, customer, and other third party requirements;
• Establishing measurable environmental and business objectives that are consistent with the context and strategic direction of the organisation and addressing risks and opportunities associated with them;
• Achieving objectives to help minimise its environmental impact;
• Adopting best practices applicable to its activities wherever practicable.
RS Sales & Distribution Ltd. will achieve these commitments by:
• Implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 14001:2015;
• Employing processes that identify the aspects of the organisation’s business that have an environmental impact and quantifying the significance of each aspect;
• Maintaining an environmental performance improvement programme to enable the organisation’s objectives to be achieved;
• Ensuring that its employees, suppliers and customers are aware of their role in supporting the organisation’s commitments and environmental objectives;
• Training its employees in good environmental protection practices and encouraging employee involvement in environmental improvement initiatives;
• Communicating our environmental commitment to suppliers, customers, business partners and the public and encourage them to support it;
• Building relationships with other environmental stakeholders – including governments, the scientific community, educational institutions, public interest groups, and the general public – to promote the development and communication of innovative solutions to industry environmental problems;
• Continually monitoring the environmental impact of its business activities.
The implementation of this policy is fundamental to the success of RS Sales & Distribution Ltd.’s business and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work.
This policy is publicly available to interested external parties upon request.